Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Walpurgis Night

I wonder if my strong feelings about Madoka Magica are not another reflection of the same themes that draw me to Persona 3.

 Madoka Magica another story with strong themes of the inevitability of defeat a large grinning monster towering over the protagonists. No matter what is throw its way it keeps on coming. The protagonist forced to rise again and again to face it but never defeating it. The smiling face starring down, it has no need for fear, or anger its going to win it can not be stopped and it knows this.

Yet all the while the protagonist fights on again and again looking for some final way to defeat it despite the ever increasing sense that there is no way out. But they keep on going, and that's something I'd admire in them, and want in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment