Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rapeing the pretty girl you want to marry not just for biblical times anymore

Yes that title sounds really awful but guess what this story is really horrible too so strap in.

*trigger warning*

So for those of you who haven't gone through the bible and looking at all the really awful morality there in there's a lovely little law if you rape an unbetrothed virgin the punishment is marriage(deuteronomy 22:28-29). If you're wondering where the punishment is there's also a 50 shekle fine and you can't ever divorce her. Still that's pretty light considering you now have your own little sex slave/maid.

Now as horrible as that is (I hope no one needs me to explain what's wrong with that) that was the old testament years ago no one actually does this anymore right? Wrong.
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1145994--rape-victim-forced-to-marry-attacker-commits-suicide-in-morocco

I honestly don't know what to add to this. This is right up there as some of the worst justice I've seen and it just boggles my mind that people think that this was a good idea. This is just so sad I just don't know what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment